Friday, March 24, 2006



I have been neglecting my paintings because I've been sucked into the world of computer programming. Things are happening with the work though. The paintings that the gallery in Charlotte took to show a client are generating interest. They called today and talked to Shannon to find out if some designers could take the work out of the gallery.

My friends Zack and Gayla (www.ZackandGalabent.com) are coming to visit us this weekend. They and their baby, Ezra, are stuck in traffic between here and Knoxville. They just finished visiting our friend Chris Vorhees, who I hear is making life-sized models of his kitchen out of cardboard.

Some friends in Chicago have asked me to take part in a project which I find very interesting. They want some of us to make a container that holds whatever we want and they are going to set it free with a hot air balloon. I think I am going to make a wooden black box which will hold SOMETHING, and if you want to find out what you will need to smash the box. This ties in well with a piece I did at Artspace. It was a little cube of a room just big enough for one person to enter, black on both the outside and interior. I had a grid painting inside with a spot light on it. I was thinking about how nice it would be to build a room just to view a piece of art. I was also really in to making black boxes; I guess I still am.