Saturday, June 24, 2006


Thursday I put a show up at Lark books and people really went wild. You never know how your work is going to be received. This is the same stuff that was rejected by a gallery one block up, they said they couldn't sell "that type of work" wanted to play it safe this year. I find this funny because the paintings have only been up for two days, one sold instantly, and three others are on hold. The same morning that the show was installed I got a rejection letter from Pack Place Museum who is having a show about "New Work". This whole thing is a crap shoot, its impossible to gauge whether anyone is going to like the work or hate it. I don't think it would matter much except for the fact that I am accually trying to sell this stuff. I have to wear many hats, sales rep, marketing, artist, business owner, Americas next top model. Monday I am sending five collages to Ferrin Gallery. I have been sending images of my work to them for about two years, trying to generate some interest. Recently the owner was out this way visiting Penland and stopped by to look at some paintings first hand. Four of the pieces I am sending they have not seen yet, I really think they are going to like them.