Sunday, January 14, 2007


I've been in an email conversation with Mark Flowers about the hum and drum of being an artist who finds himself having to "work" for a living. I used to be embarrased that I had to have a job for my living. Like I was not realy an artist unless I made my living by art. I believe that most artists either have to work a job to support themselves or they have to forgo the luxuries, say 3 sqaure meals and haircut, and live hand to mouth begging for loose change as they go. I tried that lifestyle for about six months five years ago and it made me to nervous knowing that bills were emanent and money was never a sure thing. Now I work eight hours a day so that I can work three more in my studio, and I sleep like a baby knowing that my ten year old 14" Magnavox television will not be reposessed.