Thursday, May 17, 2007


I wonder if other artists get what I call art PMS. I get restless and nothing I work on gets resolved. I am flooded with so many ideas that I can hardly fix myself to one or the other. Last night I could not sleep because I had an idea to make some big wooden sculptures. I got up at six in the morning and glued a bunch of blocks together with the thought that I might carve it into a ball or something, but by the end of the day I was onto fifteen other ideas. This time, luckily, I haven't soured toward painting. They are still going strong, but I just don't feel the satisfaction that normally comes from a piece nearly finished. I know myself well enough now to realize that I will make it through with hopefully some stronger work in the end.

I have posted a painting by my dad, also a painter.