Sunday, December 16, 2007


My work is moving forward faster than I can paint. As always it comes back around to Picasso, he is the Beatles of visual art, everything begins and ends and is influenced one way or another by Picasso. I must admit that I have never been a huge fan of his work, but I just picked up Gertrude Steins book on him and realized that some of his cubist collage paintings fit perfectly into what I am doing with paint and paper. I think it would be fun to do a series based directly off some of his work during that period. I can see using his design and my techniques to create some interesting paintings. The thing I like most about Picasso is his diversity, the man was always evolving. I think we were steered wrong by the abstract expressionists "signature style" thing. We should be creating all kinds of work, always evolving and producing lots and lots of art styles.