Thursday, May 04, 2006


Today was the first day of my new work schedule. I am taking Thursdays off from my job and working in the studio. I felt a new sense of freedom, like the shackles had been taken off my ankles. I got up and did my normal routine which consisted of sitting with the dog in the corner of the couch sipping Cafe Bustelo for a half an hour. I then headed off to work, after a shower, at about 8:30.

In the studio today I stretched eight canvases and primed them, made a frame for a piece I just finished, set up a meeting with a gallery owner for next week, (a new one, that makes two for next week). I also took a couch out of the studio and drove it to the dump because all I do is pile tools on top of it. I picked up my work from the photographers. Oh, and I also got some supplies at lowes earlier. Finally I began to rearrange my studio because I want it to look cool in case anyone decides to "drop by". I love this new schedule.