Sunday, April 23, 2006


Shannon is starting a book club this week, which means I have been banished from the house. I dont mind so much because I have plenty to do in the studio. I need to make at least two more frames before my meeting with the gallery. I am working up three paintings and I'm going to start another one on Monday. I finally got motivated to start the large five footer. Right after I stretched the thing all I wanted to paint were small intimate paintings of bottles. I think the large piece is going to be monochromatic, blue with small bottles in a grid.

Shannon and I went to our first rock show together friday night. We saw the Brunettes down town with some friends. I used to go to a lot of shows back when I had the stamina to stay out late. Now I would rather be in bed than standing for hours in a loud, smokey club. I've never been heavily into music but I am picky about what I like. Shannon likes a lot of music that is just unexceptable to me so we have a don't ask don't tell policy enacted and I can go on pretending that all is well.