Monday, April 17, 2006


I am posting this picture of a couple of paintings I did a few years back. I think I know what I was getting at and why it wasn't working and why everyone always loves the stuff you were making a few years back. I am being so inspired by the work of all the illustrators I am seeing around the ole Flickr town hall. I love children's book illustrations and beautiful clumbsy children's drawings. Back when I painted these I didn't know what I was interested in except nature and joy and foxes. Foxes were free and I saw one running across a field on my way to work, I began a series of fox paintings on top of abstract work I was into at the time. Joy, was what I was after as well as just some sanity and regularity. Anyway, I think I was doing work that was interesting, but I needed order. I didn't want to break the grid. With these new bottles (scroll down) I think I have found my order, now I need illustration. I am ready to begin some paintings that are illustrative and orderly, wait and see I think you will love them.