Thursday, June 29, 2006


Look at this lead crystal sphere that recently joined my art collection. It was made by Bob Stephan, a local glass artist (and my boss). Now, if I could only get a raise.

I have a game plan for my work. The dilemma was that by the time I finished a body of work and had it slided, I was already doing work I felt was better and a little different. Then I would feel reluctant to send out solicitation to galleries because I felt as though I was sending slides of work that was old news. What I have decided to do is to finish a body of work, slide it, and send it to galleries. All the new work I will sit on, not slide it or show it until I have dealt with the previous work. (am I making any sense?). Basically I will be marketing work that is resolved and hiding the stuff in development, (even though that's the work I'm excited about). Next year I will market the work I am doing this year, etc. etc...