Monday, July 03, 2006


I have been taking notice of a house up the road from where Shannon and I live. A couple of days ago, a for sale sign showed up in the yard and my interest increased. I told Shannon about it, and although she was reluctant, she went with me to look at it. (the last time we went to "just look" at something we came home with a spaz dog).

Today we met with the realtor and got to look inside. It needs quite a bit of work, but the rooms are very large and the kitchen is vintage 1950's which Shannon just loved. Ok, so here is the kicker, it was owned by a musician who turned the small building out back into a large building out back. It has its own power source. Hello, can anyone say STUDIO, and I am talking large, with high ceilings, no windows - but I'm a handy guy, I can frame in windows. There are two separate rooms which will allow me to separate my wood work from my painting work. We are in the middle of running numbers, it looks like we will be able to swing it, as long as we never buy anything else, ever.