Saturday, July 15, 2006


Finally, we can get that goat Shannon and I have always dreamed about.
On Friday we signed papers to buy a house. The picture above is part of our front lawn. Its way out in Alexander, NC. Next door is a make shift driving range which the realtor said no one ever uses. I told her I was afraid that it would become a hangout for hoodlum golf rednecks. She said rednecks don't golf they just shoot things. We are completely surrounded by mountainous fields. The kind that, ten years from now, will be subdivisions and strip malls. The house has a large garage, which from now on, I will refer to as my studio. We plan to do a large remodel because currently it is u g l y inside. Its a cute house, built in the thirties, but has been covered in every kind of vinyl, veneer, and shag known to man. I have sneaky suspicion that under the ceiling tiles is nice old bead board, one can only hope.