Sunday, September 24, 2006




Here is a little before and after. I told you this work is like peeling an onion. First we were just going to move the door to the bathroom, then we decided to enlarge it, then I ripped out the tile, and finally we decided we might as well gut the whole dang thing. The tub was unbelievably heavy; I bet it weighs 300lbs. I wrestled that thing for hours, and decided that they must have built the whole room around it. I finally got it out of the bathroom and thought I would never be able to get it back in. Shannon and I began pricing Fiberglas tubs, but we both agreed that it would be a shame not to use this cast iron beauty. Through lots of strategic planning, mathematics, geometry, and brute force we managed to get it back in and its beautiful.

Did anyone see the Any Warhol documentary on PBS? I really enjoyed it.