Monday, August 14, 2006




Ferrin Gallery sold a collage painting last week. They want to get some more work from me but I don't have any pieces available; I also am out of paper. I collect interesting scraps of paper and old childrens' books which I work into these pieces. Shannon and I spent Sunday morning at Smiley's Fleamarket. Smiley's is a great place to find interesting things to make into art. A large percentage of people shopping are Mexican, It makes me feel as though I were in another country, which I enjoy. It's like going on a mini vacation to Cancun. I found some really great books for my collage work including, a perfect little book from 1912 about a group of toys that come to life and escape from their owners. The illustrations are well worth the five bucks I paid. It will be a shame to have to cut it up. I also found a great book that has diverted me from my work called Tricks and Magic. I have been Wowing Shannon with my amazing magic tricks.