Thursday, August 10, 2006



Shannon and I spend a lot of time driving around in the country. We like to see where little southern roads lead. Lately we have been driving out in the direction of the new house. Last weekend we drove out to the house and spent the next couple of hours getting lost in the hills. I always follow the old signs to small churchs that have been around for who knows how long. Shannon enjoys exploring very old grave sites. I guess you could say we both are drawn to southern history. We found some really neat looking old buildings beyond our house. I followed one road for about an hour and ended up in the small town of Marshall. Marshall is halfway between Asheville and Hotsprings. There is a rail road track that runs through it. At one time it must have been a hotspot for train travelers because some of the architecture is beautiful, its a hidden jewel in the mountains. I love back roads.