Sunday, August 06, 2006


I started working on the collage series, five out of eight are worthy of framing. Unless I get a commission for a large piece before the move, I don't think I will make anymore big paintings until the new house is done. Did I mention that there is the possibility that I may get a large commission? I won't say anymore about it until something more solid develops. In the meantime the commission for Sterling is finished except for framing and drying time. Last night I picked up a book published by Lark called 500 Broaches, it made me want to make some jewelry. I am always looking for neat rings and such for Shannon, this weekend I found a great old mood ring at a flea market. I have some fanciful idea that I could make nice stuff and sell it. I have a history of taking simple ideas and making them so big as to become overwhelming, like chair making, pants making, box making, and too many more to name. That said, I am going to make a broach and see what comes of it.