Thursday, July 20, 2006


There is this point in most paintings where, as the artist I say, "um, this is not going the way I planned", or in laymans terms, "what the hell am I making". I am right at that point in the large boat painting. I will keep plugging away on it, and in the end it will be whatever it will be. I have refocused my attention upon the commission piece, which, despite my reluctance to turn my precious bottles into books, is looking really nice. Maybe I will do a series of books inside of grids.

My idea to hide the new stuff and push the old stuff is working like gang busters. The grids are hot, and meanwhile I am busy painting boats, barns, waterfalls, and my little pony dolls. Next year they will be on the market, and I will be working on figures, comodes, and green horny toads.

I have grandiose plans to do a bunch of collages like this one posted. I am thinking I will sell them locally at Artemisia gallery. That is the plan, if I can just get myself to make a bunch... If.