Thursday, September 28, 2006


Saturday is my birthday. I will be 32 years old. Yesterday morning I had one of my "mortality attacks" which is what I call it when I am suddenly struck by the realization of the thin line that we skirt by being alive. "Death is a mere foot fall away" as someone once said. I then went out to my car and found a dead cat in the yard. A sign? Where am I going with this? Don't worry I am not depressed, quite the opposite. I am finding real enjoyment with my life. Hard work has at last become a fullfillment to me.I watched the rest of the Andy Warhol documentary and was struck that if I had been 19 I might have bought into its glorification of Warhol's genious, as it is I am too old and have made and sold art for too long to believe the hype. If you want to be fullfilled in this life then you had better start enjoying work, thats the true genious of Warhol, he was a hard worker.