Sunday, November 05, 2006


Have any of you out there watched the Frank Gehry documentary? What was the deal with Schnabel in his bath robe? What about his comment that if your art gets lost in one of Gehry's buidings, then perhaps the work is not good enough? I have seen at least one of Gehry's buildings in person, EXPERIENCE MUSIC PROJECT. I never went inside, because I honestly felt like it was a ride at Six Flags, and not very approachable. I like his buildings when they are cubistic and not so fluid- or alien-like. Just call me a fly buzzing around the lion. The documentary was well done, not too over the top like some I've seen where person after person goes on and on about why the viewer should sacrifice their first-born at the foot of said genious. Still, don't we all just want to be in the shoes of said genious?